Tuesday, April 29, 2008

To My Son

My son took his life on April 18th, these are some of the final words to him


To My Son,
I Love you, my son. I understand why you chose the path you did, and your belief in life and what it was about. I know you were sad, depressed and troubled, and I can not forgive myself for not seeing your troubled mind. If I had taken more time to listen to you, and to share your desparation with you, you might still be here today. I miss you, my son. I am sorry I did not see your call for help. I would have gladly taken your place, you are so young and had so much to live for. Even in such a cruel world you lived in, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and the desparation you were faced with that light you were not able to see. As your journey continues, may you find Peace within yourself and forgive those who did not take time to listen to you. I love you, My Son.

1 comment:

Rushenee said...

What a loving tribute to your son. My heart goes out to you. I pray you can find strength to carry forward. Elizabeth Rushen